Three national car rental companies across the U.S., Avis, Budget and Thrifty, have partnered with The hCard to save you 10% off of your car rentals whenever you need flexible, reliable transportation for business or pleasure anywhere from coast to coast.
To extend your savings even further, here are several money-saving tips on car rentals:
- Decline the pre-paid gas option if you have time to fill the vehicle back up yourself. Instead, find the best deals near your car drop-off point using smart phone apps such as GasBuddy.com, AAA TripTik, and iGasUp.
- Decline the fee upgrade for a bigger car and maybe you’ll get the upgrade anyway for free. This sometimes works if you’ve reserved a compact car and the rental company has more mid-size to larger-size cars on the lot. Simply ask for a free upgrade.
- Decline the extra rental insurance. You already have insurance through your credit card company or through your auto insurance policy.
- Consider renting your car from a non- airport facility. Yes, renting a car a few feet away from the baggage claim area is convenient, but how about saving some of that money for souvenirs and happy hour appetizers? Instead, use an airport/rental car shuttle to rent your car in the city or hotel.
- Think about renting your car by the week, rather than by the day. It could be more cost effective.
- Consider following Avis, Budget and Thrifty on Facebook and Twitter to rack up even more savings. Also check out specials on Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity.
- Combine your hCard savings with other available discounts through AAA or AARP or the airline.
Renting a car shouldn’t be a hassle. Avis, Budget and Thrifty know this, as well as the good folks at The hCard. They all want you in and out so you can arrive on time for your presentation or for a laugh with your kids at Disney World.
The hCard is your value card.
This blog was brought to you by the great people at The hCard. Find us and LIKE us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/thehcard
Our website is http://www.thehcard.com
We are on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/thehcard
P.O. Box 61145
Raleigh, NC 27604 U.S.A.
For more information, email
The hCard powered by SchoolHeart, Inc. is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with additional offices located in Houston, TX and Tampa, FL.